Monday 26 March 2007

A route

Hi,

Cold frosty misty start this morning, legs felt tired and sleepy maybe it was the clock being changed. The low sun was in my eyes most of the way, Christa was right 'Travel North' but maybe I should follow the urge to 'Go West'. There was a Nip in the air but the Hun was on the ground (and 'We will fight them on the beaches and..' oops where did that come from?).

My current favourite possible route. It comes from the CTC and is described as a 'compromise between directness and peaceful cycling, using mainly 'B' roads and lanes. I will just list the the main towns to give you some idea:

Land's End, Penzance, Truro, Tintagel, ( I can live out my Arthurian fantasies), Bridgwater, (shades of the Duke of Mommouth) Cheddar, Chepstow, Tintern Abbey (Wordsworth bit), Ross-on-Wye (visit one of my publishers?) Leominster, Ludlow, Much Wenlock, (nearly fell off Wenlock Edge once!) Nantwich, Knutsford (got stuck there with Ziggy for 4.5 hours!), Leigh, Chorley, Whalley, Slaidburn, High Bentham (visit friends there?) Tebay, Eskdalemuir, Peebles, Edinburgh, Forth Road Bridge (do a bit of painting), Bridge of Cally, Braemar, Balmoral Castle (seek sponsorship from Charlie boy?), Culloden, Dingwall, Bonar Bridge, Thurso, John O'Groats.

Awesome, I must be nuts!

Best to all,

Bill

No comments: